Finance Officer Opening:
The city of Emery is accepting applications for Municipal Finance Officer, part time (approximately 20 hours per week). The Municipal Finance Officer is responsible for accounting and financial administration of the City in compliance with legal provisions and generally accepted governmental accounting practices, as well as fiscal procedures applicable to the field of municipal finance. To see that all laws, ordinances, and resolutions are duly enforced. The Finance Officer is also responsible for limited personnel administration and other management duties as assigned by the Council. Responsibilities include filing, answering phones, preparing documents, assisting customers, entering payments, accounts payable, payroll and general bookkeeping. Position requires attention to detail, confidentiality and proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office products and Quickbooks.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent and at least three years of related job experience is required; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Considerable computer experience is required.
- Is required to have knowledge of accounting and accounting procedures, financial reporting, budgetary activities, and standard bookkeeping procedures.
- Must have skills including, but not limited to 10-key, typing, accounting software knowledge and computer experience.
Should be able to work independently and work efficiently with other employees, the council, and the general public
- Must work well with deadlines.
- Should possess good communication skills, oral and written.
Benefits include retirement, Aflac, vacation and paid holidays. If interested please send a resume or letter of application to email@example.com or PO Box 38 Emery, SD 57332 by August 14.