Frequently Asked Questions

When is the city office open?
Office hours are Monday-Thursday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Appointments outside of these hours can be scheduled with the Finance Officer.

Are building permits needed?
Yes, building permits are required for new construction in Emery.  Building permit forms can be accessed on this website or from the Finance Officer.  The cost for a building permit is $10.00 and they must be obtained and approved by the Emery City Council before construction may begin.

When is the garbage picked up?
It is picked up every Tuesday unless there is a holiday, then it will be picked up on Wednesday. The City will provide a green garbage can after you complete the application for utility services and pay the $75.00 deposit.   If you have more garbage than allowed please call the office to make arrangements to have it picked up at an additional charge.

When do we declare a snow emergency?
When there is over two (2) inches of snow. All vehicles must be off the streets so that the city maintenance crew can get all the snow off the streets in a timely manner.

How do I access the Rubble Site?
The Rubble Site is for citizens of Emery and is open from early spring until the fall depending on the weather. City residents may bring out grass clippings, tree branches and white goods. The Rubble Site is open Wednesdays from 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. It is located a mile north of town on 7th Street.